Latina Week of Action for Reproductive Justice 2012
Even as Latinas continue to face unprecedented attacks on the health of our communities and the dignity of immigrant families, we are determined to lead the fight for reproductive justice. This year, we join our hermanas at California Latinas for Reproductive Justice and the Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights for our 3rd annual Latina Week of Action for Reproductive Justice August 6-10, 2012.
Under the rallying cry of our ongoing “¡Soy Poderosa!” campaign, we will be lifting up stories of Latina leadership and civic engagement as well as taking action across the country and online to demonstrate our power and hold decision makers accountable.
We know that Latinas are actively engaged in shaping our families and communities. But we aren’t always seen as the powerful constituency that we are. ¡Soy Poderosa! puts our work and strength at the forefront, in support of our reproductive justice agenda.
Ways to get involved:
- Show Your Power: Go here to submit your Soy Poderosa photo! Let's show how powerful our community really is.
- Tell Your Story: Join our 3rd annual blog carnival to share why you are poderosa. Details here.
- Take Action for Health Justice: Tell your governor to fully implement the health care law and protect Latina health.
- Join an event! Check out one of the many events happening around the country during Week of Action and join in.
- Donate With a donation of $50 or more you'll receive a Soy Poderosa t-shirt as a thank you. Support the Week of Action!
- Do you represent an organization? Consider becoming a Latina Week of Action sponsor.